Friday, August 26, 2011

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

     Can I just say, I love Harry Potter?  I love everything about this kid!
This is the second book in the series and my second favorite in the series.  
     The story is well-developed and unique.  I did not expect the story to go anywhere it did, and it made the ride even more enjoyable.
     The characters are also unique.  I loved the little details J. K. Rowling put into the story to help develop the characters, such as Gilderoy Lockheart's photos running off to hide the curlers in his hair.
     One of my favorite things about J. K. Rowling's writing is how she incorporates powerful moral and ethical lessons without being heavy-handed.  Even as an adult, I read her stories and ponder how these lessons impact my life and the world I live in.
     Although this book has been banned for magic and witchcraft, there isn't anything in the book that would harm kids.  The true reason for the banning may be that the moral and ethical lessons shake up the status quo.   I recommend this book for people of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment