Tuesday, November 2, 2010

City of Glass

     City of Glass is the third book in the series.  I absolutely loved it and couldn't put it down.  I have to apologize to anyone who tried to talk to me over the weekend, because I don't remember what you said.  :)
     The plot was somewhat contrived, and I knew who Jace and Sebastian were from the first pages of the book.  However, I was so in love with Jace, Clary, and Simon, I didn't care. 
     Alicante was an amazing setting and I visualized it much like Lothlorien in Lord of the Rings.  This beautiful setting helped me understand the motives of the characters.
     I loved the battle between the demons, angels, and assorted Downworlders.  The bigger themes of prejudice and sacrifice were very relevant to the modern world and gave me many things to ponder this week. 
     I loved the arc the characters followed throughout the three books and was satisfied with the conclusion of the worlds and the characters.  It's nice to know that love conquers all, at least in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment